Research in nuclear physics and nuclear reactions induced by charged particles of low energy began in SINP in the late 40's. The Institute has a number of accelerators to address a pilot study of nuclear physics particle and nuclear physics, etc. and promotes theoretical research in this area.
Research in nuclear physics and nuclear reactions induced by charged particles of low energy began in SINP in kontse40's. Creation has confronted with the task of developing the current state of scientific research in nuclear physics.
Launch of the Sparrow Hills a number of accelerators, as well as the development of new nuclear radiation spectrometers and recording of electronic equipment have contributed to a significant expansion of the experimental and theoretical research in the institute and SINP turning into one of the nation's largest science centers, the leading research and training in many areas, not only nuclear but also atomic physics, cosmic ray physics and space physics, high energy physics, as well as a number of applied sciences.
In the field of nuclear physics institute engaged in the following studies:
- Characteristics of the excited states of nuclei.
- use of the reactions of failure to obtain data on the characteristics of the quantum cores.
- electromagnetic interaction of the nuclei.
- study of reaction mechanisms of inelastic scattering of protons and deuterons with light nuclei.
- Spectroscopic study of artificial radioactive isotopes
- nuclear interaction with their electronic environment
- nuclear-physical methods of various condensed matter
- interaction of multiply charged ions with different media.